Thursday, October 15, 2015

Something New

I finished a new sweater for our #31daysofdogsweaters month.  I purchased the yarn for this at The Sow's Ear this summer, and one skein of this wasn't enough.  So the project languished for a time.  On follow up visits to the store, more of this color didn't appear, so I ended up purchasing the second skein at the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool festival.  This is Blackberry Ridge bulky in the color Cranberry.  This yarn is just so luscious.  The colors match some of the fall foliage that we are seeing on our neighborhood walks.  I had to remove the turtleneck collar and knit it longer, then I reattached it to the sweater with Kitchener stitch.   The sweater is just a little roomier than some of the others in her wardrobe, so I will be able to layer something underneath when we get to a hard winter.
I have a sweater that I knit for myself in the medium (worsted) weight that I just love, and gets lots of wear, and one treat that I added to my festival purchases was a kit for a pair of socks.
Starting now and through this weekend I am experiencing some serious Rhinebeck envy.  I should make attending next year a serious goal.  Amongst other things.

No comments: