Friday, February 27, 2015

Henry

After Piccolo died, a friend sent a stuffed Pekingese as a remembrance.  I thought that the gesture was lovely.  I wanted to adopt that tradition as my own.  I knit a little dog for that same friend after the passing of her dog, and it sadly was lost in the mail.  I must make another.
This little kitty was for my friend T, who had a grey tabby that died the week of Thanksgiving.  I used a pattern from the book Knitted Cats and Kittens.  I modified the pattern to have the head markings done by duplicate stitch.  The pattern as written had the markings knit separately and then attached.  I stuffed pipe cleaners into the legs so Henry could stand up straight.   I used Debbie Bliss Bluefaced Leicester dk, and Rowan Felted Tweed for the markings.  I purchased the glass eyes from Amazon.
The current status of everything is that I'm overwhelmed.  I have been doing a lot of teaching, classes and private lessons.  I expect this will slow down a bit in March.  There's also a pile of finishing and repair work that I'm behind on.  Add to that the distractions of wanting to knit things for my wardrobe.  It seems that I used to be able to get lots more done.

No comments: