Friday, November 07, 2014

I'm Knitting as Fast as I Can

I purchased this yarn at TNNA this past spring.   All American Collection Worsted from Swan's Island.   The most remarkable wool/alpaca blend.  This hat pattern is from the most recent Brooklyn Tweed Collection, called Skif.  I like it so much that I have another in progress in Shelter.  While I don't think that hats look that great on me, I do love the functionality of them.  I have a pretty large collection, and I often see them on the Man's head when he's in the apartment.  Speaking of which, it looks like nothing will motivate him into moving.  I'm slowly getting around to speaking to him again.
The prevailing mood at Lucky Penny HQ is Overwhelmed.  I have so many projects to finish, sweaters  that I started months, maybe years ago, that I still want to finish and wear.  I need a new sock wardrobe after wearing out nearly every pair I made during the last winter.  Of course I have a few new ones in mind.  The only good thing about my current austerity is that I sort of prepared for it.  I'm now knitting though yarns stashed during more prosperous times.  Sweaters from yarn purchased more than five years ago, in fact.

No comments: